"ISSYK-KUL 2016" ECONOMIC FORUM
Date: July 22, 2016
Venue: Cultural Center "Ruh Ordo", Cholpon-Ata, Kyrgyz Republic
In 2013 after the publication of the concept of "Economic belt of the Silk Road», this concept received an active response from Central Asian and from countries located along the Silk Road. In 2014 the Shanghai Export-Import Chamber, International Trade promotion Committee of Xinjiang production and construction corporation, Business-consulting Company «Huahe International», Chambers of Commerce of Almaty, Karaganda region, Kyrgyz Republic, Kiev, National Chamber of entrepreneurs of Kazakhstan jointly established the Economic Alliance of Silk Road. The parties agreed that "Issyk-Kul Forum" would be one of the platforms for the exchange of views in the field of trade and economic cooperation.
Issyk-Kul region is one of the most attractive regions in the country for foreign investment and is an important part of the economy. As a result of economic forums held in 2014 and 2015, signed 10 agreements on the implementation of priority projects in the sphere of economy, mining and agriculture were signed.
Organizing of Economic forum in Issyk-Kul region is becoming a traditional event of economic life of the Kyrgyz Republic and have importance for the Kyrgyz business community.
“Issyk-Kul 2016” Economic forum aims to join further efforts to create a favorable investment climate in the region and promoting economic cooperation of the Kyrgyz Republic with other countries of the world.
- Investment Promotion Agency under the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic
- «Huahe International»Business-consulting Company
Aim of Forum:
Creating an effective area of interaction between business and the public sector for discussions on promotion of investment development in the regions of the Kyrgyz Republic, the creation of favorable conditions for economic growth and investment, and to strengthen international cooperation.
Objectives of Forum:
1. Provide a platform of interaction between business-sector and government representatives on topical issues of development of small and medium businesses in the Kyrgyz Republic to provide the possibility of increasing domestic investment in the economy.
2. Provide targeted promotion of specific projects through the provision of investment proposals and possibilities to find business partners, interested in implementing joint projects.
3. Carry out the implementation plan for the socio-economic development of the Issyk-Kul region by attracting investments.
4. Discuss the mechanisms of establishing business cooperation between the business sector of the Kyrgyz Republic and the member countries of the Forum.
5. Find out priority areas of work to initiate and promote projects with international companies.
6. Discuss aspects of investment and the future prospects for the development of the Issyk-Kul region and Kyrgyz Republic in general.
Priority directions of Forum:
1. Investment promotion in the economy of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Social-economic development of regions of the Kyrgyz Republic, including the Issyk-Kul region.
3. Strengthening of international business cooperation.
4. Increase of agricultural productivity and expanding agricultural exports.
5. Disclosure of tourist potential of the Issyk-Kul region of the Kyrgyz Republic.
6. Support for small and medium-sized businesses of Kyrgyz Republic.
7. Support for the enterprises of light and processing industries, as well as competitiveness increase.
8. Development of Energetics and finance of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Section 1: Agriculture and industry
Section 2: Tourism
Section 3: Small energetics and renewable energy
Section 4: Finance
Round table between mayors of Kyrgyz Republic and China
-Fashion show of local designers
Participants of Forum:
-Ministries of Kyrgyz Republic
-Foreign official delegations (trade missions)
- International organizations
- Business sector of Kyrgyz Republic
Planned total number of participants - 400.